The Dead Sailor girls
The Dead Sailor Girls were born during the eclipse of 2012, in our lair just off the coast of San Francisco. Our band plays mermaid rock. We bring from our undersea lair shimmering melodies, melodic bass lines, distorted guitar licks tinged with primordial blues, and a steady rock n roll heartbeat to create joy in the hearts of pirates and sea wenches. Echoes of the Velvet Underground, Mazzy Star, PJ Harvey, Patti Smith, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Scottish ghost songs, and jelly fish tentacles of love have resulted in a sound called by those-in-theknow: Psycho-Jelly.
Our debut album, ROLLING SEA, was released on April 28 on the Blue Rose Music label.
Vocals / Eve Hay
Guitar and Vocals / Julietta Hay
Bass / Ned Doherty
Drums / John Stuart
Have a listen, Sea Dogs, and acquire your own 3-D CD by emailing Julietta on the contact page! Listen to free music below also!
1. Magic Potion - Love is its own magic
2. Hobo's Dream - Choosing the bright lights over love and what happened next
3. Book of Love - a good luck song: hearing it will bring new love into your life
4. Miles on the Car - Written while rocking a baby
5. Dance of the Broken Heart - A good dance to know
6. Rolling Sea -(remix)- our cover song, about the sea, women, and the pretty sailors they miss .. download for free below!
7. Sensitive Bad Boys - dedicated to you all out there you know who you are
8. The Last Tasmanian Wolf - (remix)-a song to bring back extinct animals and long lost loves..hear the EP version below!
9. Sail Away - my one true love song
10. Nightingale - a song of madness
11. Mon Beau Cheri -(remix) - written in Spain for The Black Madonna
From the Atwood Magazine review of "Dance of the Broken Heart":
"Ingrained in their sound are the same forces that drove surf rock of the 1950s and gave us The Beach Boys, and manifests itself today in surf punk... The Dead Sailor Girls are simply harnessing that same sort of inspiration that generations of rockers (and long before them, generations of seafarers) have and making it their own–arguably, more originally than many other groups around today. "- Atwood Magazine
To read the whole awesome interview, and hear the song, click below:
March 9, 2017 - via Pancakes & Whiskey
We are happy to premiere yet another great tune for you all today called “Magic Potion” by The Dead Sailor Girls. Drenched in throwback goodness, jangly guitars, a solid backbeat, and that fantastic harmony; this tune brings the magic we need in today’s muddled scene. The band is based out of San Francisco, and the ocean plays a large part in their influence. Eve and Julietta like to dress as mermaids for their live shows - and invite the audience to do the same. Luckily for us, we don’t have to wait long for more music as their debut album, Rolling Sea, produced by Karl Derfler, is scheduled to be released on 4-28-17 for Blue Rose Music.